I offer full body holistic massage (60 minutes) and Indian Head Massage (25 minutes). Holistic massage uses oils and carried out lying down on a massage plinth working on the legs, abdomen, arms, back, upper chest, shoulders, neck, head and scalp. Indian head massage works on the upper back, shoulders, neck, head and face (oils can be used if requested). It also works on balancing the energy centres of the body, Both are very relaxing and have a wide range of benefits. Massage has been used by many different civilizations and has been developed over thousands of years.
Benefits of Massage
- General feelings of well being and deep relaxation.
- Increase circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs allowing for improved healing.
- Better digestion with relaxation.
- Reduced blood pressure and anxiety.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the skin.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller – and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesion and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
- Increased mental clarity.